Seven Generations Award Dinner and Golf Tournament
This year's 13th annual award dinner and golf tournament are both being held on October 8th!
Saturday, October 8, 2022
Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino Resort
NABA-AZ holds this annual event to honor individuals for contributions in advocacy for legal and policy issues that are important to the Arizona Native American community. In addition, this event is NABA-AZ’s largest fundraiser and allows the organization to raise funds necessary for the Seven Generations Scholarship program and other outreach events.
Call for New Board Members
There are 2 positions open on the NABA-AZ Board of Directors. These Board members will serve a 1 year term which begin immediately following the Annual Meeting, and are expected to provide significant contributions to the organization’s activities and mission. If you are interested in serving on the Board of Directors, please email a letter of interest to Pilar Thomas at Pilar.Thomas@quarles.com by Friday, June 3, 2022.
Pursuant to the NABA-AZ Bylaws, Board members should meet the following requirements:
- shall be a General Member in good standing with the Association
- (A General Member must be recognized by a Native community as being a Native American, Native Hawaiian, or Alaska Native and must also be a licensed attorney, judge or a tribal court practitioner admitted in good standing in tribal court in Arizona.)
- should be someone who can address and support the distinct, unmet needs of the Association
- should be someone with leadership skills demonstrated by successful participation in an NABA-AZ committee, another bar association, experience on the board of directors of other nonprofit organizations, or other community efforts
- should participate fully and even aggressively on behalf of the NABA-AZ. The ability to attend Board meetings, the willingness to serve on Board committees, the desire to achieve good working relations with the Board of Directors and Officers and the commitment individually to take such steps as are necessary to promote the mission of NABA-AZ shall be measures of the requisite participation.
Last Call for 2022 Seven Generations Awards Nominations
NABA-AZ is soliciting nominations for the 2022 Seven Generations Awards. We encourage NABA-AZ members to nominate individuals (and possibly organizations) for all three categories below. All nominations must be submitted to Simon Goldenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include name, bio and brief description of why you are making the nomination.
- Member of the Year Award
Recognizes and honors a member who has a long history of service to NABA-AZ or a new member who has contributed significantly to the organization.
- Community Award
Recognizes and honors individuals or groups who have a history of service working to improve the social, economic, legal, or cultural well-being of Indian Country, including Indian people or tribal governments.
- Lifetime Achievement Award
Recognizes and honors an individual who has made a substantial contribution to the practice and administration of law in the state of Arizona.
Other Bar Announcements
State Bar of Arizona Annual Convention
The State Bar of Arizona Annual Convention will return in person June 27-29, 2022 at the Sheraton Grand Wild Horse Pass in Chandler, Arizona.
The Annual Convention is the flagship event of the State Bar. Packed with 45+ CLE seminars and numerous networking opportunities. Convention is an amazing opportunity to experience the State Bar at its best. Whether you attend for one day or all three days, this event has a wide variety of practice areas for you to enjoy!
No News at this Time
Please check back regularly for updates!
Promoting the development of Indian attorneys while advancing and improving the practice of Indian law in Arizona.